Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Part Four: Epic Road Trip

We were very blessed again to have family graciously host us for our stay in RVA.  Aunt Emily and Uncle Beau hosted us in their lovely home and provided LOTS of help for me with the kiddies by myself!  The littles are always timid and shy around other adults, but they quickly liked the hosts...


This part of our trip was fairly relaxed in comparison...we got to have a cookout and pool time at Em's house and then ventured to Gammy and Pa's house "in the country" for a good old-fashioned Sunday supper and time to visit with family and friends that we haven't seen (or met) for two years...





K with her aunties...

Silly boys...


There was so much food that I can't remember everything we ate...it was all delicious
 thanks to Gammy!!!

K loved the homemade rolls by Gammy...and she wore her homemade pillow dress that Bigmama made her for her birthday!
We vacationed every year with the Johnson family and they came to visit...our family has grown!

Uncle Walter and Aunt Ruth

Cathy and Smitty- two of my favorite ladies!

And we got to visit with my grandmother affectionately known as Bigmama...she is 90 years old and she was one of the main reasons that I had to plan this trip.  When I spoke to her in February, she told me how much she wanted to see K.  We got a picture of her and all of the great grandchildren as well as a four generation picture with my mom, me and K.




It was such a fun time to enjoy an old-fashioned Sunday!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment