Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Part Three: Epic Road Trip

After a week in southwest Virginia, I ventured to Charlottesville and Richmond with the kids!  I had to stop in Charlottesville (our alma mater) and introduce K to THE UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA!  She may be a native Texan, but she has Virginia roots!!  We stopped and ate lunch on the corner at Bodo's Bagels (M ate FOUR bagels), bought new Virginia shirts and ventured to the Rotunda for some pictures.  K had on a dress that was called "The Virginia dress" so I thought that was fitting.  Sadly, there was some construction at the Rotunda, but it didn't stop me from trying to get as close as possible to get some photos!




Then, we drove to Monticello to see Thomas Jefferson's beloved home.  We studied about him this summer and I wanted the kids to see as many historical things as possible while we were on this trip.  Unfortunately, I wasn't sure about my arrival time so I did not buy tickets in advance and they were sold out when we arrived for the next two hours.  They did have an interactive room for kids there and it was PERFECT!!!  They got to touch everything in this room and play with lots of different things that Thomas Jefferson used in his home.  They got to build with blocks, lay in a bed like Jefferson had, write a message...it was wonderful!
















 Miss K loved this leather chair!

When we were done, we left for RVA!  I had to stop and eat dinner with a friend and visit Romp 'n Roll (the little gym for toddlers)...







A great way to begin the RVA adventure...





No comments:

Post a Comment