Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Part Five: Epic Road Trip

For our trip, I was bound and determined to take the older boys to Washington D.C. to see all of the monuments that we have studied about the past two summers.  I was so used to visiting these places growing up since I lived near them, but that is not the case when you are living in Texas.  My sister Em stepped up the plate again and took us to D.C. while Gammy took care of the littles...such a blessing for both!!

We decided to explore all of the monuments.  Of course, the day we went was one of the hottest days of the summer...they told me that I brought the Texas heat with me!  The boys enjoyed seeing everything and they were excited to come back home and share with their teachers!


 The White House

The Washington Monument

 Staring up at the Washington Monument...it is 555 feet tall!

Max figured out that it was surrounded by 50 U.S. flags for the 50 states!


 The Capitol Building in the background



The WWII Memorial...we had to take pictures with our home state and our birth states!




Ben is a big fan of North Carolina...



The Lincoln Memorial in the background...




And we made it to the Lincoln Memorial with me carrying M on my back, but it was worth it!



I think they had an amazing day...thanks to Aunt Em!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment