Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Walt Disney World Solo Trip!


Last week, I was able to attend my Moments of Magic Travel conference at Walt Disney World!!  I decided to travel by myself and it was so fun to experience the magic by myself even though I definitely missed my husband and kids SO MUCH!

Here is my excitement when I get to see Cinderella's castle!

I stayed at the Polynesian resort, which is right on the monorail.  I did not get to enjoy the pool, but the slide looks absolutely amazing!


 My room at the Polynesian...king size bed and a pull-out couch in this room.


The bathroom...double sinks and full bath and shower! 


One closet had a safe and ironing board and it had a small mini-fridge as well as coffee maker between the two closets.

After putting my bags in the room, I ventured over to the Contemporary Resort and looked around in the shops there by myself (because I never get to do that with my kids) and then, I went to check in at the California Grill for my 9:50 reservation.  I have always wanted to eat at this restaurant and this was the earliest reservation that I could snag!  They let me go up the elevator early so that I could see the fireworks from their balcony!


They pipe in the music and you have a great view of the show!  I was in heaven!


After the Happily Ever After show, I only had to wait a few more minutes until my table was ready!  I haven't eaten alone in quite a while so it was very different, but I managed to enjoy myself:)




















Appetizer: Braised Beef Short Rib Wontons                                 Dinner:  Filet of beef and risotto



Dessert:  Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake and vanilla bean ice cream
It was a delightful way to end the first day!!!

My second day began with breakfast at Kona Cafe with some fruit and TONGA TOAST!  Very yummy!  And then we had some great presentations and meetings for the day.  We had dinner at Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian resort.  


We ended that day with some fun at the MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!!  We walked on to several rides and got in a total of 12 attractions before the park closed!  My sweet ending to a great day was watching the Happily Ever After show on Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction!  I even managed to get a selfie with the fireworks in the background...so much fun!!








No comments:

Post a Comment